Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Triathlon Training

Talk about a challenge. Sheesh! This swimming gig is tough. I just managed to do 12 laps of the Long Tan pool and it nearly killed me! I did some as drills, some normal freestyle, some with a kick board, some with flippers and on it goes. BUT I got in the pool, I swam and I was stuffed at the end so that's the idea right?! I figure even if my technique isn't great, I'll still get more 'swim fit' and will be able to swim a further distance each time. I rode to the pool today, did the 45 minutes odd of swimming then did a 14km bike ride. It was good. My legs were a little jelly afterwards but it was good to do that back to back training in preparation for the triathlon. I was thinking of doing a few km's on the treadmill when I got home but I needed to eat, low blood sugar. Didn't think it would be a good idea to pass out when I'm home by myself! 

Anyways, the bar has been set. I need to try and get in 4 days of swim training each week. Just under 11 weeks to go! Terrified!

No comments:

Post a Comment