Monday, June 18, 2012

Struggle Street

Oh man today has been tough. It started like any other. Then went downhill. Quickly. My daughter, whom I will refer to as Sweetpea, has a cough. This cough has kept her awake for a few nights now, leading to lack of sleep, and we have been treating with cough medicine. Note to self. Cough medicine makes Sweetpea go loopy! Anyway, all that to say that I would be having more success today if I just sat in the corner banging my head against the wall. Have been craving sugar/chocolate so badly today, which I know is just an emotional response but it's so hard to overcome. I succumbed and had some dark chocolate melts (cooking chocolate - did I mention I was desperate?!) but it did little to satiate my appetite for Cadbury. Due to the fact that the kids are in bed and that I would need to drag them all to the shop to buy chocolate, I ended up making some vitaweets with hummus. The craving for chocolate is gone :) Yes it would be nice to have some but my body isn't wreaking havoc on my mind like it was.

So healthy choices win again. And I feel better for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment